With lots of ice in the creek to start the week, I really had my doubts that the dock would go in this month.
Thank you Super Pink Moon for happening at the end of April rather than the beginning of April.
Whenever the high tide is over 22.7 feet, I usually have enough water to float the dock to the end of the walkway. Normal operating procedure is to put the dock in the day before the highest tide. The main reason I do this is because if there is a problem, I’ll have another day of higher water to correct the issue.
Because of ice and debris in the creek, I didn’t follow normal procedure this year. Instead, I waited until the day after the highest tide hoping the debris would be flushed downstream and into the ocean. Luckily, it all did.
I do love it when a plan comes together. Here’s my neighbor Dan Meyer lending a hand.
The final resting place just before low tide.
The first week after the dock goes in, I’ll check it multiple times a day to make sure that everything is okay. So far, so good. Saturday morning I was greeted by two seals in the creek. One thing I know about seals, they wouldn’t be in the creek/river unless there is food. i.e. fish. That’s a really great sign so early after ice out.
For the week ahead, I’ll be busy getting the cabins ready for the season. If the weather is right, I plan to join the seals and take my cataraft on a float down the river. Treasures await…
See you next week.